Fergusson College (Autonomous), Pune
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
1. Develop curricula in sync with industry needs and make students employable. Introduce skill component in each syllabus to enhance the skill sets of student. Plan and implement outcome based learning and evaluation based model for all academic programmes and integrate it on the college ERP system.
1. Conduct activities which will enrich curriculum and help students to learn beyond the
2. Promote interdisciplinary learning in areas like mathematics, statistics and others.
3. Make efforts for transdisciplinary learning and research (research capacity building). In this regard, identify specific areas (subjects) across subjects and promote transdisciplinary research and also take support from external experts for training teachers and students.
4. Planning and Implementation of OBE process across all academic programmes. Articulating Course Outcomes for all undergraduate and post graduate academic programmes as per revised Bloom’s Taxonomy.
5. Continue with activities for slow and advanced learners as formulated by the departments (subject specific).
6. Implement mentoring for all students which will help students for guidance and career progression. Further, strengthen mentoring system by linking activities of mentoring with industry networks and prepare a platform for students to interact with industry personnel and discuss industry relevant issues for student career progression.
7. Establish a separate Cell to coordinate and promote MOOCs.
1. Develop an online system for all feedback proceses from stakeholders.
2. Design and develop a teacher rating system for teaching-learning process which would be auto generated through ERP system.
3. Use the inputs from feedback for overall growth of the college.
1. Examination with special reference to assessment (internal and End semester) to be
made more flexible with different methods of assessments.
2. Use of ITLE module for processes related to online examinations.
Library and Library Service
1. Empower Library Advisory Committee to take appropriate decisions towards full
automation of library services
2. Implement ILMS module available on ERP system
3. Procure more e- books, subscribe e-journals and enhance learning experience of user.
4. Subscribe for variety of Memberships which will promote learning in language and literature.
Research and Publications
1. Emphasis on quality publications, training for grant writing, increase number of
research centres and promote teachers to undertake research projects and enhance the
number of PhD guides and recognized research centres and enhance PhD student
2. Procure plagiarism check software for screening projects and publications and in a way enhance the quality of publications.
3. Take concrete steps towards establishment of “Incubation Center” in the campus and begin with identifying ideas leading to innovation through competitions, identify incubates and also approach industries for such type of venture.
Collaborations and Linkages
1. Develop meaningful linkages with industries for internships, training of students (in house, by industry experts), promote placement activities and propagate consultancy projects wherever possible (mathematics/statistics/psychology/computer science etc.). Interact with industries for specific type of courses / electives (industry relevant) and integrate it in post graduate curriculum.
1. IT/ICT facilities to be upgraded, an ERP for e-governance, promote online and offline
teaching and use of online library resources etc., to be implemented.
2. Add new licensed copies of software essential for teaching-learning and procure campus licenses for softwares like MATLAB which are used by most of the departments.
3. Relocation of spaces and creation of additional classrooms to support new academic programmes and additional decisions.
Outreach and Extension
1. Diversify activities of Social Outreach and Enabling Center (SOEC) and partner with
NGOs and promote learning through community work.
2. Carry forward training/activities of SAATHI Enabling Center (for differently abled students) in online/offline mode as per the situation.
3. Promote “Popularization of Science” through initiatives which will propagate science and scientific temper among different learning levels (school/ college/ university/ general public)
1. Use of renewable energy and reduce on electrical consumption from MSDECL. 2. Create awareness (by organizing awareness programmes/ orientation programmes) on environmental issues like “Ban on Use of single Use Plastic”, drives to promote cleaning of rivers, biodiversity etc., within the campus and outside the campus. 3. Wherever possible in the campus,
Professional Development of teaching-non teaching staff
1. Train teachers for next generation technologies/ technology upgradation which are
more skilful and helpful in teaching-learning
2. Train non- teaching staff in new areas of technology which are helpful for their routine work and enhance work efficiency.
3. Promote and educate teaching staff regarding IPR, its process and importance.
Policies and Procedures
1. Write policies and procedures for all academic, administrative and research activities
of the college and implement them.
2. All policies and procedures to be communicated to all stakeholders and published on our college website.
1. Introduce new academic programmes to cater to present day needs of the industry and
2. Understand the changing needs of higher education system and adopt to new/revised policies of state and central government.
1. Submit Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQAR) within the time period as per
NAAC circulars/ guidelines.
2. Participate in NIRF ranking Exercise.
3. Develop monitoring system for quality education in the College.
4. Promote Quality Circles in the College, which will help and support in implementing Quality initiatives.
Dr. Samir Terdalkar PRINCIPAL