Strategic Plan and Deployment
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Strategic Plan and Deployment
1. Strengthening Board of Studies with inclusion of more experts and
2. Comparing our curriculum with best colleges/institutes in India and abroad.
3. Skill enhancement Courses in the curriculum which will enhance experiential learning
4. Promotion of project based learning and field studies for undergraduate programmes
5. Mandatory internships for all post graduate programmes
6. Mandatory credits in Human Rights and Cyber Security
7. Industry representation in curriculum design with inclusion of industry relevant electives especially for post graduate programmes
1. Adherence to the Academic Calendar
2. Daily Record of teaching-learning activities
3. Practice Outcome Based Education with more emphasis on course outcome and programme specific outcomes.
4. Use of different pedagogies for teaching- models/charts/posters
5. Innovative teaching methods based on drama/ one act play to explain and understand concepts. Use of crating working models to understand basic concepts in science.
6. Use of ICT in teaching with special reference to use of e-resources.
7. Use of you tube videos created by our teachers
8. Promotion of online teaching through Microsoft Teams and evolve it as a teaching-learning model.
|3||Learning Beyond the Curriculum||
1. Learning beyond the curriculum through curriculum enrichment value
added courses for acquiring extra skill sets.
2. Enhancing learning through hands-on training for undergraduate and post graduate students.
3. Regular interactions with subject experts/ scientists from national/ International Institutes to enhance the knowledge base of teachers and students
4. Training by industry experts for technology upgradation and adding technical skills for students and teachers
5. Promote learning in transdisciplinary areas and add skill sets for overall development of students
6. Participation on seminars/ conferences/ competitions at national level to provide better exposure to our students
|4||Examination and Evaluation||
1. Developing a robust examination system through use of ERP system
2. Developing an online examination module.
3. Online entry of marks and result processing to reduce on time taken to declare results
4. Equal weightage for internal and end semester examinations
5. Flexible methods for carrying out internal assessment.
6. A system for uploading multiple exam systems and facility to create multiple tests for one course.
7. Design the entire exam system which can be online for internal and end semester examinations
8. An online system for addressing examination grievances
9. A definite mechanism to stop malpractices in the examinations
10. Develop a monitoring and security system for online examinations
|5||Research and Innovation||
1. Enhancing research skills by imparting skill sets necessary for research to
students and teachers.
2. Expert guidance/ interactions – with scientists for guidance on technology/research skill upgradation.
3. Policy for promotion of research, research methodology and plagiarism.
4. Policy for promotion of consultancy and specific steps for consultancy services.
5. Budgetary provision for seed money for research to promote research amongst teachers, provision for registration fees and membership of professional bodies to cater to research needs in specific subjects.
6. Creating additional spaces for research by enhancing research facilities.
7. Provide procedural and practical support to teachers for submitting research proposals to various funding agencies.
|6||Entrepreneurship and Incubation||
1. Include Entrepreneurship component in post graduate curriculum.
2. Develop linkage with institutions working for promoting entrepreneurship.
3. Make concerted efforts for promoting and establishing incubation center.
4. Invite ideas leading to innovation through awareness programmes and competitions.
5. Identify team who would work towards establishing incubation center
6. Write proposals for funding for establishing incubation center.
7. Identify probable space for such kind of infrastructure/ laboratories
1. Automation of Library and Library services
2. Make library user friendly.
3. Subscribe only reference books typically required for undergraduate and post graduate education
4. As far as possible purchase e-books
5. Subscribe e-journals and databases which may be needed for research in both faculties.
6. Make library remotely available to users
7. Set up browsing centres in the library for students
8. Digitize old and rare manuscripts in the library and make it available to users.
1. Enhance IT infrastructure in the campus and the departments.
2. Provisions for wi-fi enabled network
3. IT security with firewall
4. Policy for utilization of IT infrastructure in the college with reference to wi-fi, cyber security and create awareness of IT regulations.
5. Maintenance policy for IT infrastructure
6. Increase the number of internet ports in each building/ department
7. Improve communication infrastructure in the campus.
8. Add new computers especially for academic purposes and enhance student- computer ratio.
9. Set up computer laboratories specifically to conduct language classes, capacity building workshops and training for teaching-non teaching staff
|9||Physical Infrastructure||1. Catering to consistent demand for additional infrastructure to carry out
2. Separate infrastructure for B.Voc programmes
3. Creation for additional post graduate block for post graduate programmes
4. Creation of additional space for meetings and seminars
5. Reallocation of available spaces for academic activities
|10||Industry-Interface||1. Strengthen the industry interface for training and placements
2. Enter into collaboration charters with industries for placements
3. Make academic provisions for higher education (progression) for candidates already recruited by industries
4. Establish and utilize industry relations for setting up incubation center
5. Carry out pre-placement activities which will help students in getting better placement opportunities.
6. Implement electives which are industry oriented for post graduate programmes.
|11||Resource Mobilization||1. Submit proposals to funding agencies like UGC, DBT and other research
funding agencies like DST, BRNS, ISRO etc.,
2. Align areas of college development with thrust areas of funding agencies
3. Conduct activities mentioned in guidelines of funding agencies and create a model college
4. Ensure timely submissions of audited statements and reports as desired by the funding agencies.
|12||Human Resource Development||1. Train human resource in computer applications for data management
2. Soft skills to improve working relationships in the offices
3. Implement Code of Conduct for all stakeholders of the College
|13||Green Initiatives||1. Green Policy for implementing green initiatives
2. Make the campus single use plastic free
3. Promote culture of use of less paper and shift towards e-governance
4. e-communication through official e-mails and use one drive for sharing data
5. Rejuvenate botanical garden and work towards its restoration
6. Develop waste management system
|14||ERP||1. Implement an efficient, result oriented ERP system for the College
2. Customize the ERP with regard to student admissions and enrolment
3. Develop an online assessment system including mark entry and publish online results
4. Introduce checks and balances to ensure security of exam system
5. Customize ERP to collect and analyze student feedback on teaching and curriculum and report generation
6. Customize and utilize ERP system for e-governance
7. Ensure complete automation of library services
|15||Policies and Procedures||1. Write policies and procedures for all academic and administrative processes of the college.|
|16||Internal Quality Assurance System||1. Propagate quality initiatives and enhance teaching-learning
2. Promote quality culture circles for establishing quality initiatives
3. Develop monitoring system for teaching-learning processes
4. Develop data management system for NIRF and NAAC assessments
5. Promote team work and sense of belonging amongst teaching and nonteaching staff 6. Form committees necessary for promoting research and community network
7. Design and develop Outcome Based Education model for the College
|17||Social outreach and Enabling Center||
1. Identify institutes/ NGOs which will help students in learning community
service and developing sensitivity towards social issues
2. Incentivize students participating in outreach activities.
3. Establish a separate center for differently abled students and make all possible efforts for their academic progression
|18||Alumni||1. Enhance alumni interactions
2. Establish Alumni Association as Company under section 8 of the Company Act
3. Invite suggestions and support from illustrious alumni for academic enhancements
4. Raise funds from alumni association for creating/ adding physical infrastructure
5. Strengthen Placement Cell of the College with more number of opportunities through alumni interaction
6. Develop a dedicated alumni portal
|19||Quality Assurance Initiatives||
1. Implementation of Outcome Based Education Model for all academic
2. Revisions in credit structure for BA and BSc Academic programmes with revisions in syllabi at regular interval.
3. Introduce Skill Enhancement Courses for BA and BSc programmes.
4. Diagnostic Test for all first year post graduate students and identify learning levels of students.
5. Implementation of Mentoring for all students and for all academic programmes (Class wise). An online method for mentoring has also been devised and implemented.
6. Efforts to collaborate with Industries- KPIT, Pune on various aspects and providing consultancy services to KPIT, Pune.
7. Budgetary provision for Setting up of Incubation Center, Seed Money for Research, Green Initiatives and Audits, Registration Fees for teachers participating and presenting research papers inconferences/seminars, MoUs and Collaborations and for Social Outreach and Enabling Center and “SAATHI” for differently abled students.
8. Concrete steps towards establishment of “Incubation Center” and promote innovative research ideas.
9. Collaborative Quality Initiatives with other autonomous institutions/colleges.
|20||Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC||1. Consistently maintain ‘A’ Grade in all assessment and accreditation
2. Strive for excellence in higher education
|21||NIRF ranking||1. Strive to maintain college ranking in top fifty.
2. Implement strategies to improve on ranking parameters